Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ristorante Piccolo (Georgetown)

I'd like to send a shout out to Ristorante Piccolo on 31st Street in Georgetown. I had a lovely evening there this week with my friend Andrea. The experience brought me back to Positano, sitting on an intimate second floor balcony, with only a few tables, overlooking a bustling street below. Our server, Zarah, was honest and delightful.

For our meal, we started with the crab bruschetta, which was a bit too salty. Their gnocchi spampinato was fresh and original with its pesto tomato sauce. And our main course, we chose the Veal piccata (Vitello Piccata), which was the closest you could get in execution to the same dish I had on that Positano balcony and have been seeking in the states since 2007. For dessert, we chose the Cannoli. My grandma's are better... but for a restaurant, these were good. Well done Piccolo. I'll be back.

http://www.piccolodc.com 

No comments: